View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Antitrust: Is there really a point?

[ QUOTE ]
Who said that you can't profit from your creation without IP laws? I am just saying that it is unjust to use governmental force as a means of shielding firms from competitors. People have every right to keep their ideas private. If they choose to enter the market with them, however, they should be prepared for competition.

Also, there are numerous advantages to coming up with the idea. Providing the best product, being the first to enter the market, etc... It is called entrepreneurship. You see profit opportunity, acquire capital, produce and profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...so the market dissolves property rights? I'm not sure I see the reason of your thinking. I agree that companies should not use governments to shield themselves from competitors, such as using government safety standards to create high barriers of entry. But, I'm confused...are you arguing that corporate espionage is ethical due to a company being in the market? Are you arguing that a company has no right to defend its own ideas and keep others from using them? That doesn't jibe with your argument against using the government...it seems as though you are advocating an expanded public domain. Please explain.