View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Worse hands will fold, better hands will call....

UTG limps. Two folds. I raise to $18 on the button with AKo. One blind and UTG call. Flop 655 with two diamonds. I have no diamond. Checked to me. I have not raised preflop much recently and I can't remember raising a limper preflop at this table (I've not been around for terribly long). I don't know if they'll give me enough respect to lay down a pocket pair here, but I think my chances are good enough for a bet to be +EV. So I bet $40. They both call...! The turn is an offsuit king. Checked to me again. They each have 80-90% of a pot-sized bet left in their stacks. No specific reads but they aren't donks.

Another table...

Two limpers, I raise to $25 in the BB with AA. Two players call. Flop is low cards with a flush draw and perhaps some sort of straight draws. I bet $50, one player folds, the next player calls. Turn is a brick. He has just over $100 remaining. My only read on this guy is that recently UTG had raised to $15, I had called, and he called from the BB with QJo, flopped an OESD and won a big pot when he hit on the turn. (And now that I think about it, he must have been involved with another large pot recently to account for his diminished stack size here, but I don't have any idea what happened.)

Should both of these be routine pushes? I just feel like I'm losing money no matter what I do...