View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: How to start multi-tabling?

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of questions; I appreciate feedback on whichever aspects you'd like to comment on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't say what kind of horsepower you currently have - it may already be good enough (or maybe add a little mem; and make sure pt's auto-rating isn't enabled). I have a 5-year-old AMD 1.6GHz with 768M RAM and 19" monitor. I run xp @ 1280/16b on top of vmware on top of linux @ 1600/32b. With linux apps running and pt/gt+ in xp I have no performance-related issues. And a 19" monitor is plenty fine for 1600 if you want to keep expenses down.

Open a second real-money table and give it a try - it's not hard to get in the swing of things. You can join the second table and sit out if you want to see what it's like. Once you've played for awhile and reached a comfort level open another. Naturally the more tables open the less attention you can give each one. That may or may not be a problem depending on your confidence in your game and what kinds of characters are at the tables. It can get frantic if you catch hands on more than one table but that doesn't happen very often. And it's a lot more fun than picking your nose and skimming sshe if you're only playing one table...

Mike