View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Close one - counting outs excercise :)

[ QUOTE ]
I made a mistake with counting outs when making my decision so its probably not that close as I thought. I forgot that I had 10s so it make one out more. So basically its easy I think. Sorry for bothering you. During play I thought its really really close (also pot is not laying me full 2-1 if I go allin .. and if I dont its strange feeling to fold 120 more in like 4k pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

[/ QUOTE ]

The 10 is most likely NOT an out.
3*A + 3*K + 3*Q + 4*9 + 9*[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] -9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (double counted) = 18.

4 cards showing, you have 4 in hand. Remaining = 44. In order to get appropriate odds you need 1/3 of them. 44/3 = 14.3.

Villain most likely has JJ (maybe TT), so you can probably do the math with 42 cards left, giving you 14.

Alas - you might split sometimes if he has JJKQ or he might be holding a couple of your outs.

Even still, you call here, because he might not be doing so, and you have more outs than you need to call.

You are 26:18 to make your hand which is about 1.5:1 and you are getting 2:1.

If you give villain JJ, then you are 24:18.