View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Stars 10+1, feeling stuck

[ QUOTE ]
13 BBs leaves you far from crippled, and the prospect of stacking TP with a weaker kicker is pretty exciting to me. If you push now, I think most of the hands that call are ones that you'd wish hadn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I think M is more important than BB. With the ante's this would leave us with 8M, or 8 orbits before we are blinded out and 3 orbits before we start getting desperate. I think that a lot of hands call here that we don't mind a call from, like 88-JJ. We also fold smaller pairs and resteals. The min-raise from Villian could be a monster, or it could be a test to see how much you really like your hand (i.e. testing to see if you're raising with any two). It could also just be a bad resteal attempt. At a $10 we also can't throw out the possiblity that AJs and maybe even ATs is calling a push. If we push we are getting 1.5:1 on our money when called. These are pretty good odds considering the situation. We also increase our stack by 40% the few times we take it down unconstested. Push.