View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Need Tips on Adjusting My Play

I've been playing Party in the .50/1.00 Limit games and doing really well. So much so that I was thinking about moving up and trying the ater at 1/2. I've pretty much been applying the stuff I pick up here and trying to study and learn everything I can about the game.

I figured I'd do a little shameless bonus-whoring to increase the bankroll a little, and I moved over to Poker Room. Talk about a change of pace. I'm getting destroyed over there. Just annihilated. Before I go any further, yes, this is totally my fault, and no, I don't think Poker Room is rigged. It seems like people stay in with just about anything, and you just can't knock them off a hand. Tons of suck-outs on the river, or they have me beat from the start, but they just check and call, so I keep betting into a hand where I'm drawing dead. I can't get a read on them, and I'm sinking.

Can someone give me some advice on what to do here to turn this slide around? I'm stubborn enough that I want to be successful here, and I don't want to bail on the bonus, hich ammounts to aound $140.00 on a $100.00 deposit (which is now at $76.00).

I know that in the grand scheme of things, the amount of money is trivial, but it's the losing and not knowing how to fix it that's steaming me.