View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Hard to predict animal behavior

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

I find these stories interesting because they illustrate that animals do not behave simply as we expect. I was told in neuroanatomy that any animal with a cortex can learn unique behaviors not simply a program from their genetics (obviously genetics establishes the parameters of their behavior--expressed genetics).

I'm also told that traditional vegatarian animals and carnivorous animals mix up their diets more than most people think eating dense protein or vegatable matter as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

benkahuna, a discussion you might like to have with your Jewish (by religion) friends one time on this point.

In Bereishit (Genesis) it is commonly believed that in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve didn't eat meat, but only after the "fall" of mankind by disobeying God did they eat meat.

Interesting question to ask your Jewish friends if whether they believe Adam and Eve discovered this on their own (by their cortex) or whether God made them aware of it. (ie - believe God made them directly aware of it as in "Hey guys, see 'Henry the sheep' over there, he also doubles as food"?)