View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Notes From LV - Late Night 10-20 at The Mirage

You talk of pokerrooms like I used to talk of high school football practices - Dude, they both suck, we just like to convince ourselves that there is something poetic about it. Do you really want to sit in a freaking smoke filled pokerroom surrounded by GAMBLERS!!! Is there anything more repulsive than walking past all those idiots feeding their paycheck into a slot machine? Or anything more pathetic than those poor saps we take money from every day. Dude, I don't know what your dayjob is, but it has to be a better environment than that. Wait... you could own a strip club... yes, that would be even more depressing... what else... If you're a janitor, you still get to talk to your janitor buddies and hell, you're cleaning up the WORLD - that's gotta feel good.... You could be a drug dealer - having addicts come up to you all the time, that would wear you out, emotionally....

Poker sucks when you do it for monitary gain. But you do make money doing it, and sometimes you gotta do that. Don't get me wrong, I love poker and I love that it can be so complex, but... those poor fish. And who am I to be exploiting their very human weakness???

CSC