View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Greatest Lay Down Ever

I am playing in the $540 NLHE tournament at the Wynn. I am sitting in the 4 seat (10 handed). I have been playing many hands (AKA Gus Hansen style), but those that I have shown down have always been winners.

We are in the 4th round, with blinds at $100-$200 with a $25 ante.

The individual in the 2 seat has been showing his hands and/or discussing his hands with the 3 seat. Often he whispers to the 3 seat what his hand is, and I over hear it at least 50% of the time. I have warned him once already that I have overheard him discussing hands.

The 2 seat is the BB. 3 Seat folds. I look down and find QQ. I raise to T600. While the rest of the table is in the process of folding, 2 seat clearly tells 3 seat in a whisper (I have 99, and I am about to outplay him) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2 seat calls. The pot contains T1550. Flop comes: Q93 rainbow. SWEET [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(2 seat whispers to 3 seat, watch me get all his chips). 2 seat checks. I bet T1500. 2 seat flat calls.

The turn is a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

2 seat checks. I check.

The river is a 3. 2 seat bets T5000.

I state, "the way you played this hand, you can only have quads." I muck QQs full face up. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I play good.