View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Evidence AGAINST Christianity

[ QUOTE ]

Genesis 6:19 "And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."
Very specific about there only being two of 'every living thing'.

In the English language when you are talking about a specific number of objects, unless you explicitly state otherwise, you mean only that number. For example, if I were to tell you that I wanted you to take two cats into your car, I hope you would understand that I don't want you to take one, or three, or ten cats - only two.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see the word only there because you want to, not because it's there. The pupose for bringing two is given in the verse - to keep them alive.

Just in passing, in case you weren't aware, the Bible wasn't written in English. And yes, that does matter. If you don't take the time to understand something about the Hebrew language you're going to come with any number of errors and contradictions that are just idiomatic Hebrew. I can't wait.

[ QUOTE ]

and th en give 'additional information' that renders the original instruction invalid

[/ QUOTE ]

This begs the question. Why did it render it invalid. I feel like I'm teaching basic Hebrew here.

[ QUOTE ]

It certainly is a mystery how seven beasts can go in pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genesis 7:2 "Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female."

Seven pairs of beast. Two by two. Get it now?