View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Need help deciding when to raise...

Hey everyone, I just finished my first 1k or so hands at party and cleared out that bonus. However, now I am looking over my stats for those first 1k hands, and I don't like that I raise only 3.2% of the time. My AF is 1.66, so that's not bad, but I really don't like that I am only raising three percent of hands.

I'll post the big hands and the percentage of time I raise. In general, I find myself almost always playing JJ or TT for set value. I know this is weak, so any help on when I should raise would help. Just take a look at let me know. I know this is a small sample size, and the cards have run like crap of late, but what do you think. (By the way, my win rate is at 0.48 PTBB/100 mostly because AA is barely a winner, KK is down 30 and QQ is also a loser. KK in particular lost me an all-in preflop against 77 and I folded postflop when I bet out and got raised the pot and another guy called, figured I was against a set, both guys showed AJ for just top pair. So some variance there...)

AA 100% (had 6 times)
AKs 80% (5)
AKo 67% (12)
AQs 33% (3)
AQo 50% (19)
AJs 67% (3)
AJo 0% (12)
ATs 0% (4)
KK 50% (8)
KQs 0% (7)
KQo 0% (11)
QQ 50% (2)
JJ-22 0%

I know this is bad, I'd appreciate some recommendations or general guidelines. What should I raise with in MP especially. All of these should be a raise in LP, I try to only raise in EP with AA, KK, QQ, AKs/o, maybe AQs/o. Thanks guys.