View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Nuts OOP, please help.. my lines are all messed up.

[ QUOTE ]

Once and for all... do i just Jam, Jam, Jam all the time or what? Im used to trying to get the other person to make a bigger mistake...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should think about what type of player you are against. The typical player at nl25 likes to calldown and showdown his hand (ie a loose passive player). Top pair or better are hands worth a showdown to these players. So you need to valuebet your strong hands. They sometimes will fold to a PSB, but call a 2/3 pot bet. So knowing the player can make you some extra $$$ on the turn and river.

On the othe spectrum, there are players who are retardly aggro. They love to pounce on any sign of weakness, and can't resist the temptation to bet when you check. Against these players, be more willing to check/call or check/raise. I still don't like betting small against these players, because they will usually just call (and not bluff/raise). However, when you check, they tend to bet close to the pot on a bluff or with weak 1 pair hands. For example, you flop middle set on a semi-coordinated board. You pot the flop, he calls. Turn doesn't complete any draws. I will often check against a dumb aggro opponent. He won't be able to resist the temptation to semibluff his draw on the turn, or valuebet top pair and pot commit himself. Then pop him with a check/raise (allin?) on the turn and you'll get some very loose calls.