View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: JJ monotone flop

[ QUOTE ]
Lead and fold to a raise? Seems like a garbage play to me. One might as well hope it's checked around then lead the turn.

Other options are: lead and call a raise, which is sure to lose you the max when behind given the rest of the hand. Lead and 3-bet is certainly spewing.

I'm just curious where you go after leading is all I'm getting at?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lead gives you a chance to fold out a hand like K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or maybe even Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (if Button didn't cap with that).

If I get raised and the pot becomes heads-up, I'll figure I probably just got raised by top pair or a big club (and hopefully not both) and call, planning to go to the river.

If the pot remains multiway, well, that's uncomfortable. A raise followed by a 3-bet would drive me out immediately. After a raise and a cold-call, I would probably call, planning to check-fold the turn if I didn't catch a set or a club (hopefully the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but if I catch the king I'm still going to be worried about the queen and vice-versa).

After a call and then a raise by the PFR, I'll admit I'm not happy, and I don't know what I'm up against (though the PFR likely has an ace). I'd call the flop, I guess, but I'm not necessarily putting money in on the turn.