View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Who are the scariest shorthanded 20/40 players at Party? (Likely LC)

I have about 25k hands of 20/40 short anywhere from 2-6 handed and managed to grind out about 1.8BB/100h, which I was really quite proud of even over the short run because it really is a tough game. You're right that 10/20 seems like playing with puppies and rainbows after some 20/40. The 20 game is simply tougher and trickier, where you have to really think about your opponents actions, hand ranges, read his hand, go up a level, etc. I 3 tabled occasionally but almost always 2 tabled, soemtimes even one tabled. Game selection was so important.

This is from about a month ago so it may be a bit outdated, but Togni4/5 (he's 2p2 i think) always gave me fits. Also BIGNATURALS8 was overaggressive and annoying. There were plenty of 50/30/2, and you're right, you learn to love those guys. The guy who sits down with 10k every time he plays is fun to play against, very passive and very loose. The tables are usually one hyperaggressive guy surrounded by 2 TAGs and 1 random shmoe.

Good luck at the 20, I can't wait to move back there. It certainly made me play better, and really sharpened up my heads up, 3 and 4 handed game.