View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: to those of you with \"super\" computers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For teh poker, a museum piece would be fine...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm that this is a true statement. 7 years old and counting.... However, I'm currently shopping for parts and coming up with something similar to Freakin's setup with the A8N-SLI and Athlon 3500+ combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it. Though these mobos have been having problems with their chipset fan giving up the ghost, which happened to me last week. Keep this in mind; i would recommend replacing it when you buy it. Their fan in fairly noisy anyways.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

An even better solution: buy a mobo without a fan on it. Less noice, less moving parts = no replacements needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any suggestions? The mobo is one thing that I don't really know how to shop for. Most of the other stuff I can figure out alright.

BTW, on the Asus A8N-SLI, can I run 2 PCI-Express X16 video cards to run more than 2 monitors or does it only support 2 PCI-Express X16 cards in an SLI configuration? If I can run more than 2 monitors, I may keep a CRT or 2 even if I get LCDs later on. Probably won't do that, but I'd like to know if it is an option without using one of the 3 PCI slots.