View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Am I a complete idiot for throwing away JJ on the turn here?

No real reads on any of the players on the table, relatively early hand in my session. The table does seem a little tighter than your average PS 0.25/0.50, but not horribly so.

Given the action on the flop and turn, I thought I was up against at least one flopped set, so I threw away an overpair JJ. Do you think this was a reasonable read, or was I being overly paranoid that my opponent had something in a micro-limit room?

In retrospect, I think that the pot size at that point alone would've justified seeing the hand through, although I'm not sure. That second 4 hitting on the turn scared the bejesus out of me, especially since the SB was the one betting aggressively and might have come limping in with any old trash containing a 4. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

River: (15.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB