View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 11:32 AM

Default 5/10 NL QQ- Uhh, i have no idea, so I donk-call all the way

Hands like this make me feel really stupid, because it just seems so wrong to call without a resemblance of a read/plan of action on the next street. To make matter worse, not only it bloats the pot, it doesn't reduce confusion at all.

Man, this is ugly.

I have been pretty quiet at the table and not paying too much attention to action on the table(other tables are SH, so I try to pay more attention there). I have played a decent amount of hands with villain, but have no particular read on him. He seems somewhat aggresive, capable of making moves, but I can't recall anything out of line. Villain probably is aware that I am very aggressive, especially in position.

5/10 NL, 8-handed

Hero (1729)
Villain (1189.5)

2 limpers and I make it 60 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button, only BB calls

Flop ($145): 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets $100, BB raises $265.00, Hero calls

I CB flops like that probably almost always. People play back at me once in a while, so villain range is probably pretty wide, so fold is out of option I think. Villain probably just calls with a draw though.

Turn($675): 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain bets $260, Hero calls $260
Huh? I have no idea, what this bet means. AJ, KJ with/without a spade, scared set, or he just tries to lure me deeper with a flush.

River($1195): 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain insta-pushes for $604, I think "wtf,wtf,wtf" for a minute and call.

His river timing tilted me towards the call, but I am not particularly interested in the river. I think I should not be in this spot on the river, because there is got to be a better way to play it on flop and turn, so I either go all the way or let the hand go.

Thoughts?