View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Re: floped a set...time to get paid

[ QUOTE ]
your advice is a bit confusing...If MP2 doesn't have anything I minraise he would have to be an absolute MANIAC to push bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I said someone would either fold or push, it was in response your statement about wanting the other two to come along, it was not about MP2. See below:

[ QUOTE ]
My reasoning for just calling flop was to try and get money in from the other two guys [ QUOTE ]
There aren't any draws, with that action you are usually getting folds or a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at the preflop action, it is reasonable to put MP2 on AA-JJ and AK.

If villain has an overpair, he is not folding to a minraise. Your bet could easily look like you had top pair or were just contesting his continuation bet.

If villain has AK, yeah, he might fold to your minraise on the flop, however, I see it all the time where someone does a continuation bet in early position, a late position player weak raises, and the EP player calls with nothing but overcards.

However, I rarely see someone in early position bet with AK, get a call, then comes a blank turn, they check, the late position player bets, and they call.

I am simply going by my observations, I will see people call a raise behind on the flop if they lead with overs, but I don't see them check a blank turn and then call a bet.