View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis & False Awakenings

ur lucky u at least know whats going on - many people think its "something" holding them down in bed, etc...its nothing to worry about - ur body will catch up to ur mind, its just the neurons misfiring or not firing at all - in combination with a few other things

when ive had these at times, i have even thought unrationally - that something was holding me down by my arms and chest and that i couldnt breath or scream, when i finally was able to it was extremely hard for me to go back to sleep b/c i felt like something was there - resulting in hypersensitivity to anything for a lil bit

some people go way extreme here and have priest come in and do all sorts of things. Some of the people we had in the sleep lab were also convinced of this, even after showing them a tape of them sleeping. Most would fully engage in it and swear they could see things, even on the tape, tourmenting them and holding them down. The mind hallucinated during these episodes, some worse than others, so i can understand them believing what they saw and felt so strongly