View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Cheating the Stock Market

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that we will see an expose by a news organization (Dateline, 60 Minutes, etc.) about a poker player or the poker world in general? I'm not asking you to name names or speculate, just to render an opinion on how easy it would be for a decent investigative reporter to put something juicy together.

(For the record, I am not a reporter nor am I affiliated with any news organization. I am just curious.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it would be easy for an investigative reporter to put anything like that together. That's because cheating at poker can be a technical and subtle enterprise, and even if someone "blew the whistle," there's no evidence to present. There are no incriminating memos and no easy way to "catch them in the act." Only way to really "get the story" would be to become an accomplice and get an under cover story.

I have not, and will never, accuse any specific player or group of cheating, nor will I accuse any specific cardroom of harboring cheating. Those accusations are serious business, and I'm not qualified to make them.

But people do cheat at poker sometimes, and you shouldn't assume that just because you are in a large cardroom or major online room that it can't possibly be happening.