View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: You know you\'re a child of the 60\'s when ...

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't a hippie and I wasn't dirty. But we were all involved in the civil rights movement and the anti-war movement, and we thought we were going to change the world, and we did--just a bit. And in the post-pill, pre-AIDS era of the 60s, we really did make love, not war.

[/ QUOTE ]

I listened to Clay/Ali speak out against the war in nam and understood what he was saying.

You guys spoke your mind, which is great. You broke down some social barriers and stigmas.

But most of you sold out what few ideals you had and went to wall street, silicon valley or wherever. Nuttin wrong with makin dough, but (not speaking to you necessarily) I hope people of your age don't fly their flag of ideals to high.

I don't have any ideals. I don't think people have changed in 12000 years. There are always people with lust for power and money and will do whatever it takes to keep it and obtain more, including sending their own people off to unjust wars or instituting genocide.

Marching didn't do shjt. There's only three alternatives. Revolution. Mass sit-ins ala Ghandi (involving the whole country--not just a bunch of flower powers). Or you just live each day as best you can.