View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Do I need to quit boozin?

[ QUOTE ]
My marriage is not the greatest. We fight, but she loves me.I love her. We were separated for almost a year, a couple of years ago.

I do drink everyday. After work on weekdays, but not as much. I only drink beer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cut down, and by quite a bit to start with. The drinking ain't the core problem, is it, I'm guessing. But drinking this much is not good for you at all in so many ways.

You appear to be deep-down unhappy, otherwise you wouldn't be asking for advice. You need to really, really think about what's troubling you. Something is, your marriage most likely from what you say, but there may be other things - something not finished or not even started maybe, but there's something. Think about what it is. Think about how you can tackle it.

If it's your wife and you not getting along in a way you'd like- don't tackle it head on. Don't just come out with it. Ask your wife to go out with you, do stuff together. You're gonna have to fight the agoraphobia and get out the house - you may need professional help with that specific thing, though.

Try and remember what you used to have fun doing together, maybe revisit that. If it's that you think your marriage needs to be over, go talk to professionals about it. DO NOT listen to anyone on this board who says to finish it - you need to decide that for yourself.

If it's not your marriage that's the core problem, then I'd still do the above - strengthening your marriage will be of great comfort against all sorts of things.

Above all, think about what's deep down troubling you.

You take care now.