View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Open pushing with ~10M

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I think you are running really well and it is clouding your judgement on some of these points.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could easily be very true. That being said, a few of the replies seem to imply that I recommend open pushing often. This is not the case, but I certainly think you should use it sometimes. I think my original post alluded to this, but the table and players in question often impact my decision on if this is a wise move or not.

I disagree a bit about the Shania factor, while I gave an example hand range, I often adjust that based on position and players. Sometimes I dumb things down for the sake of making a point, and in poker everything is situational, so I suppose dumbing it down can actually hurt my arguement rather than hinder it.

Please keep in mind I don't advocate always open pushing when at ~10M with a reasonable hand. I *DO* however think that doing it occasionally gives you a lot of advantages, not the least of which is the fact that when you do end up shoving it in with a monster people are liable to give you less credit than you deserve.

Honestly, I'll be curious to see how I feel about this in 5-6 months. As I prefaced in my original post, sometimes I feel the pushing may be a bit of a crutch for sometimes not wanting to play tricky hands post flop with a below avg stack.

-Rizen

Shameless plug for my poker blog:

http://rizenpoker.blogspot.com