View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Poker Stars FPP poker chips?

I'm sure it has come up before, but after doing several different searches over the last year I can find only cursory mention of this product from the Poker Stars FPP store.

Poker Stars itself gives very little information on the chip set, so I thought I would ask here since I feel confident that at least a few people have used/squandered the FPPs to purchase this set of poker chips from Poker Stars.

I'm curious about people's opinions of their purchase. I realize that these are most likely the composite chips with inserts, etc. However, I've run across some composites that have a very nice look and feel to them, so even if these are the composite chips they aren't necessarily a total waste.

So for those that purchased them and are willing to comment please provide your input?

Things I'm especially curious about are the 'feel' of them. Do they feel like the cheap, slick plastic composite?

Do they stack well and remain stacked or do they fall over and splash around at the slightest little nudge or bump against the table?

How well do they seem to hold up?

Do they have denominations printed/stamped on them?

How sturdy is the case that comes with them?

I realize that many people feel that using FPPs in the FPP tournaments is a better use of them and I agree. However my wife, kids and family sometimes play at home and all we have is an extremely cheap set of pure plastic poker chips. I know my kids would love it if they could play with 'real' poker chips at our little games.

All input is greatly appreciated.