View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Best Place to Live To Play Poker

I moved to Thailand to play poker for six months. I start playing about 8.00am (9.00pm Est) and play until 2.00pm (3.00am Est) maybe a bit later at weekends.

This is a vast improvement from at home where I would start at 10.00pm and play until 4.00am+.

The cost of living is very cheap in Thailand (though high quality accomodation is not as cheap as everything else). It is hot all year round (day and night) and has beautiful beaches. The people are very friendly and for foreigners it is quite safe. Cheap flights internally and to other parts of Asia.

Gambling is illegal in Thailand as I believe Internet gambling is in the US. However a lot of things are illegal here that are below the sight of the police. The risk of playing internet poker in a private place is very low (plocal police wouldn't understand what you were doing). If you are gambling in reality then there is a risk but goes on behind close doors or when there are funerals.

You can get consecutive 2 month visas in your home country and just do a border run (or take a short holiday - I'm just back from Angor Wat in Cambodia) every 2 months.

I was in Queensland last year so I would agree with those sentiments. Maybe next year I'll do just that spend a few months there playing but New Zealand does kick ass big time too. (And I still have to get to Egypt!).

Always be folding