View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 02:53 AM

Default Re: QQ got my heart racing

Man this is a rough hand! With the UTG player in there, who has you covered, I like you're check on the turn.

With two players calling a substantial flop raise (good raise by the way), you know atleast one of them is drawing, and based on his passive check/calling, the UTG player seems to be drawing. The nine is a nightmare, and taking a free look at a possible full-house on the river is a good move. Actually, as I'm writing this, I'm liking this check more and more, and for this reason. It's pretty obvious that the UTG player is drawing. If he already had the straight on the turn, he would check it, waiting for you to bet. Therefore, you could double up through him on the river with you're boat since he would have to payoff you're last 15 bucks or so with the straight.

Furthermore, after checking the turn, let's say you're boat misses the river (because it becomes obvious what to do when it hits, ALL IN). If they both check to you on the river, you can check and take it down easily. If BB goes all in on the river and UTG folds, you can safely call with just the set since it's only 3 bucks. If the BB goes all in on the river and the UTG raises, you can make the obvious laydown. Definitly a good play on the turn.