View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 04:07 PM

Default How valuable would a $215 coach really be?

i was reading an old thread through the archives where SvnFigures/iamcastleman stated that he taught his brother Gigabet how to play and he's now clearing $20K a month. later on in the thread, Gigabet stated that iamcastleman charged him $20,000 and he, in turn, would charge $30,000 [don't know if this is really true or not].

now, my question is it worth it to pay $20-$30,000 in order to be coached and taught how to beat the $215s or better? if so, how much of an ROI would you be looking to get out of such a large tuition fee?

one big problem that i had with the fee, as a working class man, is that i don't have $20 or $30K just laying around to shell out and even if i did, i highly doubt i would use it toward paying some guy to teach me how to beat $215 SNGs. don't get me wrong, that is one of my ultimate goals [reaching the $215s and achieving a decent ROI in them] but i'd most likely use that money to fund a bankroll playing/multi-tabling the $33s and $55s and just move up gradually on my own.

i have a twin brother in Florida, and frankly, if i was making $20K a month in the $215s, i would'nt charge him anything to teach him how to play. i'm a naturally giving person, so if i can help someone in need, and money was'nt an issue, my thing is, why charge them? then again, that just me--- i'm not knocking the brothers Dicken.

comments.