View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 12:49 PM

Default KK with an ace on turn

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Big Blind is a lag. I didn't have a read on Small blind, but everything that he did - calling the 3bet from the small blind then coldcalling the flop - indicated to me that he probably had AK. If I had bet the turn and then got checkraised from SB I would have to toss it, but I could usually pay the same amount and see a showdown by checking behind here. If I got checkraised on the turn by the BB I would hate it but I'd call down since he's a LAG (I might fold if small blind called my bet first). On the turn I'm no longer worried about giving free overcards, although I could be giving one of my two opponents a free diamond (and considering how this hand has been played so far I'm not really worried about that). Regardless, I think it was better to check behind on the turn. Comments?