Thread: Chasing
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Chasing

It's correct to chase (six players in a raised pot) because of all your outs and the chance to scoop, you have backdoor nut lows, backdoor flush and a gutshot for a scoop.

As for second question

Similarly, when I have a premium high hand and only catch one card, it seems like taking one off can be right. Suppose I raised with AcQcJdTs and the flop comes with
Jh7c3d. Any turn card 9-K or higher gives me a few outs for a scoop and some give me a huge draw. Even low clubs will probably be OK for me if the betting on the turn remains pasive. My current thinking is that I want to raise preflop with these kinds of hands precisely because I want to have the proper odds to see the turn when I get a flop of this sort. On the same note, how would changing the 7c to the 7s change things?

Your idea of raising to see the turn with the correct odds is wrong.
it may be correct to take a card off on the turn with this hand but any low card on the turn, clubs or not is a disaster for your hand, half the pot is gone and you have nothing but top pair and flush draw. You will lose money playing this way.