Thread: Adam Morrison
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Adam Morrison

I was at the game today. While Morrison didn't have his best night, (props to OSU for making things difficult on him), he did what he had to do, especially in the second half, to either get his shots or, perhaps more importantly, do whatever he could to get fouled and get to the line, which he did. It's clear he thrives on pressure situations, and wants the ball down the stretch (which tonite was basically every possession in the second half). Is he the best in the country? Who knows, it's probably too early to tell. However, at 6-8 or so, he can get his shot off at will (either in rythym or by creating off the dribble), he moves well without the ball, he can rebound and pass well and is generally fundamentally sound. He understands the game, he's good a teammate, and I find him very enjoyable to watch. His pro prospects are very bright. As for the game itself, Gonzaga was flat and sloppy, and missing their starting backcourt didn't help. Batista bailed them out on many occasions. However, it was OSU's inability to attack the Gonzaga zone in the second half which killed them. They could have run away and hid, but couldn't because of their poor zone offense execution. (By my count, after Gonzaga switched to zone, OSU managed only six points in approx 8 minutes.) Look for OSU to see more zones after today's performance. If I had to choose between, say, Redick or Morrison, there's no question - Morrison is way the superior player. Sure, Redick can light it up from the outside, but Morrison can too, plus he can beat you other ways, it's really no contest.