Thread: Raquel Welch
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Raquel Welch

She's a famous awful prima donna, just unbearably selfish, humiliating people she works with, etc. She had a very bad rep in Hollywood after she'd been a star for a while. The stories I read made me feel a lot of disrespect for her.

That said, when she was young, she was fantastic, and pretty much thought of by everybody as the best body there was. She aged really gracefully too, but this is Hollywood, and I think anyone thinking any stars, especially the ones who made their living on sex appeal, hasn't had tons of plastic surgery, is kidding himself. That said, it was good plastic surgery, at least.

However, she looks good for her age now, but still looks like a healthy version of her age. No way in hell does she look 35.

As to Dunaway, she was cute in Bonnie and Clyde, but she seemed to age extremely rapidly to me. Her skin got sallow and sometimes grayish, her face looked a little bony and corpse-like...she has to be shot just right, and to me has not been a looker for a very long time. Something about her aging, the odd flattering photo aside, was somehow very early and catastrophic.