View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Interesting 5 card draw question....

I'm surprised that no one has stated the classic "it depends"... [unless you're assuming it's inferred.. but I can't help myself.. I'm posting anyway [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ]

The reason that I would say this is that it could depend on the action pre and post.

- Say someone caps it with you pre and he stands pat (BTW: AAAxx is NOT a "pat" hand .. a "pat" hand is one utilizing all five cards). Against this pat hand, I would definitely draw 2 to try to better my hand.

- How about if your opponent is before you and draws 1? If we're HU's [head's-up], I might still just draw 1, thinking that he would only call me with two-pair HU. If you know that your opponent is one to draw to a str and/or flush even HU, then I'd draw 2.

- Then there is the case of multiple opponents and/or the fact that pre, you 3-bet or capped. If you've 3-bet or capped the action pre.. then I'd say go ahead and draw 2; they pretty much know that you probably have trips (unless you routinely 3-bet with 2 pair, then false-carding can have additional benefit of hiding your hand).
Same thing against multiple opponents: draw 2 (in my oppinion). As soon as one person calls, he opens the door for, at least the blind, to have odds to draw to a str/flush.

My two cents, anyway.