View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:29 AM

Default NL200 raise on the turn or try and trap?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

BB ($78)
Hero ($228.55)
Button ($98.25)
SB ($193.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, Button calls $6, SB calls $5, BB calls $4.

Flop: ($24) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($24) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $8</font>, SB folds, BB calls $6, Hero calls $6.

River: ($48) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: $48

Guy to my left will not fold to any of my raises pre flop or on the flop. Plays 42, Jack 4 and lots of other things. So I figured I'd hopefully set him up if the board paired or if 1 of the many straight cards hit. Thinking back he doesn't fold to a lot of raises but this one I thought he might if he just had a pair because it's such a scary board. Suggestions?