View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Daily Tournaments at the Taj

Played in the day after Turkey day early tourney at the Taj. Based on the day, the player count is likely skewed but they capped it off at 256 players and seated 11 to a table to start.

Blind structure is terrible ... antes start at level 3 (instead of 4 like most AC structures with antes) and you are down to a pushfest before the first break.

Also, breaks are every 4 levels which matters none to nonsmokers and a lot to smokers (nicotine fits tend to create tilted thinking as the break approaches).

As far as players, the usual mix of clueless WPT watching tourists, cash game rocks who don't adjust to tourney play (for example I raise 3xBB UTG with AKc and get pushed/pot overbet by AA from CO with no action between during level 2 who shows his Aces after I fold), weak tight players who limp preflop and fold to any resistance, and some solid players that showed knowledge of the adjustments required in tourney play. Probably 3 clueless, 2 cash regulars, 3 weak tight, and 2 solid tourney players at my first table.

Then I moved to a new table during level 6 and it was full of Rounders loving 20-somethings from Brooklyn (WPT watching tourists) and the 2 cash gamers from my first table.

Basically, its a lottery after level 2 and full of people who benefit from the lottery (rather than their skill). Again, because it was a high traffic day YMMV during non-premium times.