View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 12:09 AM

Default RESULTS, THOUGHTS

Thanks for the responses. I'm actually surprised more people didn't like my raise (but as I said, I don't play much heads up stud). Basically, I feel like this: I have a gutshot and a 4-flush - if there is ANY chance my raise will either get my opponent to fold or give me a free walk to the river, it's worth it. Obviously, I can hit also.

As for Andy's comment, I don't see a made flush on the part of my opponent as likely as a 4-flush would bet 4th most likely in a heads up spot where he has my board beat also. When my opponent bets 5th, I'm guessing he either has 4 hearts or just decided now to bet his pair of tens w/ scary board. Or maybe he has something like 99 buried. Or whatever, maybe he has me beat. I like raising here personally but can see the other arguments.

As for the results, my opponent folded to my raise. So that's that then. More comments welcome.

Jeff

P.S. I'll be away from the board this week playing poker in Las Vegas. I'll probably hit mostly 30-60 hold em and some 50-100 stud at Bellagio...I'm the mid 20's white guy prob with a button down/jeans thing going if anyone's around. Happy Holidays and have a safe and happy new year if I don't talk to you before then.