View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Kobe Bryant\'s flagrant foul

This foul was nasty. He elbowed Mike Miller in the neck as Miller drove the lane. It's being shown on ESPNews. I hate the NBA and I really hate Kobe Bryant. From ESPN.com:

Bryant, gashed over his left eye in the second quarter when Miller pushed him in the face with his hand while driving, had three stitches to close the cut.

Bryant was called for a flagrant foul with 8:24 to play for elbowing Miller in the face as Miller drove again.

"Any player that was going to come down the lane at that point in time, I was going to let him know that he just can't walk through there," Bryant said. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that. And me, as a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that -- and hopefully, everybody will see that.

"This being our home court, people come here and think it's Hollywood and all sorts of stuff, so they think they'll come down (the lane) and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and finger-roll the ball and do all sorts of cute stuff. And we've got to stop that."