Thread: STOLEN!
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: STOLEN!

when i was a freshman in college there was this really cool record store across from the university...kindof an underground/indie store. anyway, they bought and sold cd's...so i used to ask the guy what cd's were in demand, make a list, go to WOW and steal them, sell them to the guy for say 4$ apiece, he'd sell them for 8 or 9 and everyone was happy. kids got the punk/hardcore cd's they wanted for cheaper, and i made a little money and felt like robin hood.

this lasted for maybe two months. but i (of course) got cocky and greedy. i was literally packing 8-10 cd's out of the store at once at one point.

so i get caught...and get this...they DON'T call the cops! they did take my picture and tell me to never come back in the store again...which pretty much scared the hell out of me. i've never stolen another thing since.

funny side note to the story. it's been 8 years or so since then...so I've been back in the store to buy things since then. however, EVERYTIME i walk out of the store i get an anxious feeling when i get close to the area where the guy stopped me the original time i got caught. i still feel guilty walking out...even though i haven't done anything wrong since.

sorry about the long post...but that's my stealing tale.