View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Results and thoughts

I folded on the river. I have some doubts now about this fold being best (maybe I'm being results-oriented), but in any case, I would have felt better about the hand if I had folded earlier, like many of you have recommended.

As it was, though, I endured the reverse-implied odds that I did for two streets and then threw my hand away just because CO's call meant, to me, that he didn't have AJ/AT after all. He could, however, still have a hand like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. A second-pair hand is also possible, but if CO had a queen, CO possibly would have raised with that on the flop or turn. (AQ is, after all, the most obvious hand for him to have if he's holding a queen.)

During the hand, I wasn't sure how much the preflop action did or didn't intimidate CO. (And he should have some respect for my 3-bet, even if he correctly disregarded MP2's limp-cap.) Given what CO had, I guess maybe it was a situation where he and I both put each other on a draw, but he got his river call in first. And he clearly had no respect for MP2's limp-cap.

Anyway, MP2 had J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the busted gutshot and jack-high on the river. CO had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (it was hard to put him on that) and took the pot with a pair of fours.

Thanks for the responses.