View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 05:57 PM

Default Re: AA - Interesting Flop

Yikes, quite a situation you've got here...

My first guess is that you are still ahead in the hand. I don't like the 200 chip bet but you are right in that you are either folding this on the flop or going all in.

Upon further consideration my second guess is that you just might not be... Durn.

You hope button has AK, you suspect he has QQ or KK. UTG exact same but less of a worry. If UTG beats you but you beat button, you are fine.

Given the amount in the pot, given your pocket, given what you suspect about the button... it depends entirely on how comfortable you are losing a SnG. If you are determined to win you fold and wait for better. If you don't mind putting all your chips in with the best of it and hoping... All in on the flop to push out AK. If there is an AT out there they are a lucky idiot. If button has a set already you have draws.

It is said about some hands that "he was losing that no matter what." Short stack gets KK, big stack at the table has AA, its a train wreck waiting to happen. That is true in most cases the expression is used, it fails to take into account the person willing to fold the best hand in return for guaranteeing future hands. It seems as if you have either the best hand or a decent chance at ending up with the best hand, what you have to answer for yourself is, is best hand enough for me? This is a dangerous flop which you might just walk away from in order to leave yourself enough chips to come back at it later...