View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Strategy question on getting deep

[ QUOTE ]
If the blinds are 500-1000 or higher there isn't much else you can do here but push it in or maybe if you were first to act on the flop try to stop and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blinds were 600/1200 and I did not consider a stop n go but probably should have.

The question however is not so much hand specific as to the level of aggression I tend to display. I'm typically TAGish and have been trying to change gears around this time of the tournament hoping to get a big stack. ie, steal a little more and push the edges, but it seems like I'm failing at every attempt. What is the best inflection point or does it just tend to happen based on the action at the table? I can continue my TAG stance and slide into the money with an average stack, but I'm wanting to go deep and pick up that elusive win.

There was another thread here about the desire to play OUTSTANDING poker as opposed to solid poker. I'm solid. Period. I look at the guys with 50 final tables in 6 mos and wonder, how the heck do they do it? I want to be OUTSTANDING. What am I missing here?