View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Need a line check in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
W/all due respect, IMO no you don't; I'm not sure you're following what I'm getting at: I have one and only one overriding thought here - the flop pot was plenty large to try winning right from the start. And that's all that's on my mind

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I get that. How, exactly, do you propose that I do that in an enormous pot that hit at least a couple of my 4 opponents? That was a rhetorical question; the answer is it's not possible to take this pot down on the flop, leaving as my only option playing to hit one of my draws, and if that's what I'm going for the pot might as well be as big as possible.

The remainder of your discussion is predicated on the idea that you might be able to take this down on the flop. As I believe that's patently impossible, I'm going to stop talking about it, now.

Your example hand is night-and-day different from the OP hand. First, you're the first aggressor preflop; second, you don't have any other draws; third, the pot is nowhere near as big. In your case, I think betting the flop is correct.