View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 04:41 AM

Default Your relationship\'s effect on your game?

Obviously, I didn't win (WSOP), LOL but I can't shake the name... It happened, just in a paralell universe [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyways, tonight I was in my 3rd trny at ACR ... 1st one was 550 players or so ... 60 paid , bombed out at 14th or 15th place and was hours past... 2nd and 3rd one were near b2b and I was in at the time... one was a R/A one was normal.. Bounced out of the R/A one pretty quickly and was deep into the other trny which had around 190 players... 40 left or so at this point with 4th-5th deepest stack (10 make money) and our daughter wakes up.... I think she has another tooth coming in

I felt horrible because g/f had a rough day today and was on Pain Meds for her teeth ... But she woke up with her and went in and calmed her down. Right before she started crying I forgot to mention I started a 5 person single table trny as well... Anyways, to the point...

She calmed her down, and I went upstairs sitting out of both games even though one was a speed trny and thanked her.. apologized and explained to her why I didn't come right up.. She said no problem .. I said g'night

10 minutes later our daughter wakes up again, and I am pretty caught up in the trny.. In spots on both where it is tough to sit out unless someone is dying ya know (money isn't big but I am playing well and on an even keel for the night as far as bad beats go).

The SECOND our daughter lets out another 2-3 cries "AFTER" I went up and thanked her three times for taking care of her and telling her why I didn't come rushing up stairs she starts wigging out on me, stomping on the floor, yelling crazy crap.. Being her usual psycho stuff.

At that point I quit feeling like [censored] about her having to deal with her cause I was in the tourney ...

Those of you with younger kids how do you handle this ? I mean, I went up there... apologized and told her sorry my toruney would be over shortly if she kept it up more than another 20-30 minutes even if they werent over I would deal with her and she still goes apeXXXX

She then came down, grabbed my mouse when we were yellng and clicked call on a 5000 bet (my stack was 4th deepest at 20K roughly) when I held some crap hand like T9 or something .. The guy obviously took me down as he had pushed his whole stack in ...

Anyone else have to deal with crazy women like this ? And from a women's point of view even though it wasn't huge money the trny had 1st place of like $550 or something, that's decent money to me .. ended up bombing out around 20th I think when top 10 paid .. I caught a bad beat after thaat hand... and one other bad beat... and from there was a mix of bad blind steal attempts and not hitting the cards I needed in coin flips ..

I swear women are a pain in the ass ... How many other people have their relationship with a SO that is directly affected either POSITIVELY or negatively by the game?

We, obviously, aren't happy with each other as it is .. But it ade me wonder.. if all women are this psychotic ? I mean christ I went up and told her thanks and apologized and because I didn't hop up INSTANTANEOUSLY after she woke up a second time I am satan himself - ughhh

I thought of myself as rather valiant for going up and thanking her lol ... Guess she didn't think so !! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]