View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Does playing PLO help your NLHE Game?

First off I want to thank everyone here on the boards for their help. I have really started to love PLO, and it is my favorite ring game to play. I also feel that while I have a lot to learn at it still, I have become a winning player at it, and I have gotten used to the swings.

The other thing I have noticed since learning PLO is how my NLHE tournament game has improved. I am wondering if there is any real correlation between the 2? I know they are completely different games, and maybe I have just learned to play tighter, but I do think I have learned something.

I have gotten much better at laying down a set that isn't the nuts, or realizing when a full house might beat my straight. I don't know if I am fearing the monster in the closet too much in NLHE, but I seem to be picking better spots, and getting people to call me with 2nd best hands vs. the other way.

I wasn't sure if I have just become a better player, or if learning PLO has let me see some betting patterns that I have been able to use in NLHE?

Anyone else have thoughts on this?