View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Fired two barrels and the flush comes.. now what?

Thanks all for the responses.

During the hand I decided that I wanted to bet, since he would check a lot of hands he would also call with behind, and I didn't want to have to fold to this guy. If I check here, I am giving myself the opportunity to make a big mistake. If I bet an amount small enough that I can fold to a raise, I might as well check. The pot was already bigger than his stack. If I bet half-pot and he raises all I can beat is basically a bluff or POSSIBLY a lower set. I don't see any other hands that would raise there facing a three-flush. That said, I knew I'd call anyway, which could be an even bigger mistake then check-calling a push, as in that case he would have fold equity and be a little more likely to bluff.

So, I pushed. No way I was laying my hand down against this guy - I had a note from him from the first hand I played, where he called a big bluff with some crappy top pair no kicker hand. Worse hands would only call my bet, whereas I would lose my stack against better hands. Unfortunately, he turned over T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Oh well. Guess he's a Doyle fan.

By the way, who raises the flop in his spot?