View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 01:37 PM

Default Re: First 2 days of online play

[ QUOTE ]
My point about the NL comparison is that good NL players will not let you have the odds to chase the flush and may get tricky with an AK type hand to trap you. This is not much of a concern in limit play.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my NL experience this is right on the money. Which is why I seem to be having such a difficult time adjusting to limit style play. I'm rather used to winning easily with TPTK and therefore have been playing them very aggressively through all streets. On UB, it seems that people are quite passive and therefore aren't reraising when I have TPTK even if they have a set or 2 pair. Because I'm not shown to have the inferior hand, I am betting out through the turn and river and losing the majority of the time. They won't stay in, however, if the flop misses them, and so I find a lot of people folding on the flop to my raises/bets. Hence, as I said earlier, I seem to be losing way more money when I lose than I am winning when I win. Ho hum, what to do, what to do? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]