View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Chased, caught, cool?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity, what would have been the correct play by villain? Check behind, or bet w/ fold to a raise? Or did he play it right?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the river? He absolutely has to bet his straight there.

Actually, I think hero should bet right out on the river though. (And I agree with the others he should bet right out on 4th, too).

[/ QUOTE ]
If Hero had bet, should villain have called?
And should villain have paid off the check-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain has to pay off the chck-raise, yeah. Hero could be doing this with aces up or trips.

Whether or not he should have raised if hero had bet out is harder to decide… I probably would have, but I have a feeling that’s bad.
There are not many hands other than a 4-flush hero can have given the way the hands played out. He can’t have 4A4, since he would have raised on 4th or 5th. And it’s almost impossible for him to have a straight. So the only other hand he might play this way is QQ, basically. And villain knows trip queens are impossible (one dead and one in his hand).
Of course hero could have backed into other trips or aces up. Or maybe he would bet out with jacks up or something. Nevertheless, a flush is his most likely hand when he bets out on the river and villain is risking a 3-bet.
So, having typed all this up, I vote call.