View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 07:43 AM

Default Unethical to take advantage of a happy drunk?

100+5 1 table tourney at the local club. Half the players are regulars the rest are unknowns. Payout is 60-25-15.

Anyway, I make it down to 3 players on the short stack. The chip leader is the happy drunk in question. I've played with him once before and he's an overall good natured guy but a poor player. Also completed wasted at this point.

When it gets down to 3 handed, he says to the other guy who he's kinda buddies with, "Once we bust this guy we'll chop and go hit the bars and snag some poooosy." I wasn't worried about collusion because these guys weren't softplaying each other at all.

So, I end up doubling-through the second player and then in about two hands he busts out when his all-in blind steal is called by the drunk.

At heads-up I've got about T4000 and the drunk has T16000 with blinds at 300-600. He's very aggressive player so I know he's gunna put me all-in every hand. I say to him casually, "So, we gunna chop 50/50 and get some pussy?" He thinks for about 2 seconds, shrugs and says, "Sure. Deal. Lets chop it up."

After that the drunk gets his money then dissapears. I hang around for the after tourney ring-game and get chastised by the other regulars for taking advantage of him. "How could I do that?" etc. Obviously it was not to my advantage to continue playing and he seemed more than happy to just chop, pocket his $430 and hit the nightclubs.

Opinions?