Thread: Over the hump
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Over the hump

[ QUOTE ]
As I stated in my last post, I think that my ego is the main thing that is holding me back and is causing both the technical problem in my game while also keeping me from moving up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best advice I can think of is to be confident in your game - but work hard not to underestimate your opponents. At any level. True, there are more fish at the lower limits. But 1)Fish get good hands occasionally, so you still can't always assume they've got nothing and 2)there are some good players (like yourself for instance) who for one reason or another play the lower-limit games.

In other words, try to analyze each PLAYER based on their play (you'll obviously need to do this as you move up), and avoid blanket statements like "all the players at this buyin at Party are fish". This type of thinking will lead you to make bad calls, even against a player who's proven himself to be a tight, solid player over several hours of play.

It seems like you've already identified the problem (which is the tough part), and I'm sure you'll take the correct steps to fix it. Best of luck as you move up!