View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: bottom set facing 2 all-ins. Odds to call?

I think your problem here is your flop decision to re-raise. There several playable hands that are forcing you to draw to boats on this board, and there are many draws that are ahead of you. I have a feeling you are crushed since it is probably top 2 pair vs straight and you are now drawing to the butt end of a sinking boat.

The min bet by the SB screams "nuts" and he is tryiing to get some action. Folding a set is hard, and I don't know if I could have done it to the original bet/raise. Re-raising here though is not a good play imo, because you have just given youself odds to call with a beaten hand. I could easily toss it having called the raise by MP1 then having the SB push. If this sounds weak, it is but going over the top of 2 raisers with a bottom set vs one definite better hand and one that could potentially hold your outs isn't a smart move. If I thought filling up would win you the hand then calling might not be a bad move but there are many times you will be drawing to quads on a board like this.

If all the players had their cards face up and I KNEW SB had q-xs and mp1 had KJ then I might contemplate a call since I have already invested so much with the over the top raise on the flop. However I would never call no matter what the odds were if I thought it was QT vs KJ which I feel is the most likely scenario.