View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Questions for Evolutionists

Wow thanks tobiny! That was interesting.

I guess my mistake was looking at the evolution off species like some kind of weed. Even if [censored] sapiens killed of the neanderthals, I expected they would keep trying to evolve from our common ancestor. I mean, why wouldn't they? I understand we drove them to extinction, but is was our common ancestor also extinct at the time?

The other thing I often overlook is the random mutation part. It seemed to me that it's not that important, but in fact it must be. As species randomly develop features and keep those of benefit, I guess I can see how a species like [censored] sapien may never evolve again.

But do we see current species in current states of development? The fact that the process takes so long and our technology is so young makes it so hard to tell. But is it possible there will be some apes in Africa that will learn how to use fire? Will dogs one day evolve the brain power to watch TV and understand our language? Will certain humans one day become intolerant of any type of weather outside that of room temperature? Etc. etc.

I want to see (or at least understand the process in action). It's a fascinating subject. btw- How do you come to have a background in this? Thanks again.